Tuesday, January 3, 2017

LET EVERY DAY BE A SURPRISE



January, 2003

Hi, World!

I haven't written in a while because I have been busy getting bigger and stronger and finding out more about my people and my forever home. Right after I came here, I went to visit my new Granpa at a place called THE BEACH. It was a little scary at first because there was SAND that stuck in my paws and made them feel tickly. But the sand was great fun to sniff and poke my nose into! There was also something Mommy called an OCEAN. It was big and noisy and I did not like it at first. But Mommy carried me down to it and put my paw in it. GUESS WHAT? The OCEAN is really water, like what is in my dish, but it is a lot louder and bigger!

It was such a SURPRISE! I decided that I liked surprises and that everyday I would try to be surprised by something. It seems to me that there is such a great, big wonderful world and most humans don't take the time to enjoy it. They are always worried about bills and work and stuff. Dogs aren't like that at all. We like surprises!

Speaking of surprises, my cat cousins had a fun surprise yesterday! My legs are getting longer and it is easier for me to chase the cats. But they like to tease me. They are not really mean, they just do not know what a nice little dog I am. So they sort of swipe their paws at me then when I try to play, then run up the stairs. My legs were too short for the stairs. So the cats sit up on the top step and laugh at me.


But yesterday when they teased me, I found I was big enough to run up all the stairs! I was so happy that I barked. You should have seen those cats. Boy, were they surprised! They both jumped up onto the railing. I think they are starting to like me.

Well, I'm pretty tired so I am going to take a nap. Mommy will be home soon and she will take me to the river on our walk. I bet I will find some new surprises along the way!

You should go find something that surprises you, too!

Love, 

Taffy
Image result for cocker spaniel at the beach

No comments:

Post a Comment