Monday, January 2, 2017

FIND YOUR FOREVER HOME

Taffy joined our family on Christmas Day, 2003. She left us for the Rainbow Bridge on January 1, 2017. Every day when I came home from school, Taffy would greet me at the door with "woo-woo-woo" and tell me stories about what she'd been up to. I accused her of making them up. But then I began to realize the words of wisdom she was imparting to me and that I best pay attention.

This blog is Taffy's, tales that she told me to encourage and love me while she was with us. I will always remember her love and I hope others will benefit from her gentle way of seeing the best of everyone.

Linda

December, 2003

Today I found my forever home! I was in a cage with my litter-mates since my birthday in October, but a man came in a couple days ago and said he wanted to buy me for his wife. ME! I felt so special that he picked me out of all the other dogs in the shop and so I jumped up and licked his face to show him how happy I was. He picked me up and cuddled me and I just knew he would make a really good daddy. 


So he brought me home and on Christmas Day I met my new Mommy. She is awesome and I already love her a lot. I have a bed to sleep in and toys to play with and my own bowls that I do not have to share with my brothers and sisters. I have two cats that are supposed to be my cousins. I want to play with them, but they don't want to play with me. Yet, anyway. I'll wag my tail and smile and we'll all be friends soon.


I am so happy I feel that I just could bust!  I have never wagged my tail so hard in my life! My Mommy took be for a walk and I got to sniff lots of interesting things. Then I had to take a nap because I  was so tired. I also have a new brother and a new sister. They are humans, not dogs like me, and a lot bigger than me. I think that's a good thing because they can help take care of me.


I want to tell you about my new forever home. It is not really big, but it is big enough for me. And the yard is pretty small, but that doesn't matter at all. There are still plenty of interesting things to sniff! 


I may be just a little dog, but I have big long ears. I heard what people said when they would come into the pet shop. Sometimes people would complain that they did not have a big house or a new car and other things that dogs do not think are important at all. Dogs know what is important. 


All  you really need in your forever home is people to love you, a warm place to sleep, yummy food to eat, and a few toys to play with. Did I say people to love you? That's the most important thing.


I'm going to go try to get the cats to play with me now. But I've decided I am going to keep writing because I'm a pretty smart dog and I think humans can learn something from me.


Gotta run!


Taffy



No comments:

Post a Comment